Thursday 1 June 2006

Chilled

I sat around and smoked dope all morning.

I went out to see an ex-girlfriend, who has a 2 year old and is six months pregnant who doesn't think she is going to cope when she has two.

What could I say? Nothing. I just listened.


"If the next one was a boy, I don't know what I'd have done."

"And is it."

"No. that was the first thing I wanted checked." my friend said, with an air of certainty about it.

We ate lunch and then we took the two year old to the park. 


"He never stops, he just never stops."

She seemed sad, not joyous at all, at the birth of the next one.

"It's just not how I imagined it to be."

I thought she was going to cry. Maybe that second dope cookie was kicking in. I took her hand and squeezed.

All she ever wanted to do was to have kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment