Friday 3 September 2010

What Happened?

What happened? We look around and every thing's changed and we ask the question. What happened? Do I remember? Have I had fun? What does any of this mean?

Did I fulfil my dreams?

Or, was I too busy living my life, working my days to pay for my nights? The bills never stopped, the wants never ceased, just decreased a little each year, if you know what I mean. By the time I am very old, I am sure I will be very still.

And suddenly it's ten, twenty years later and we are left wondering, what happened? What did I do? Where did time go? And suddenly you are having trouble getting up from the couch. I used to just spring up, now it is grab hold and heave-ho.

How did I get here?

But, I feel okay. Just the same.  Just the minutes slip sliding away. Oh? Now a groan, and an ache. What does that mean? What does that make? Can I remember any time before now?

I still feel the same, inside this old frame. I still feel like the young chap who ventured out into the world. I still feel like the eighteen year old, the twenty nine year old, the thirty nine year old looking out through these eyes. I still feel the same deep down in my soul, if any of us have souls at all? I still feel like the guy I have always been.

It is just my refection that doesn’t add up any more. And what I feel when I try to spring up off the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment