Sunday 24 May 2015

1DA McG1da

Ida McGida, my lovely old aunt

she liked the girls, she liked their curves

she liked what they had under their skirts


she only ever had lady friends, after her husband died.

I'm sure she loved him, I'm sure she cried,

but after he'd gone only the girls she spied.


That wasn’t talked about of course, it was a different world way back then, but even my mother thought it was true, and that isn’t something she would normally do.

My lovely great aunt, who adored my mum, and who adore me as well. She was married for 25 years, to a man with whom she very much loved. 

She had a gay best friend, and she had a lot of other buddies who were, let’s say, arty types, and I have photos of all of them, looking very much like more than friends.

My mother told me many years later, that maybe my gayness came from her, down the maternal line, and if it did I’d be very please, I couldn’t think of anything I rather it be.


Ida loved Billy, yes she did, all the years that 

they were wed, 25 during which he was devoted,

spoken about by everyone as a really good bloke,


In the end, when the doctor messed up his pills,

and Billy fell fatally ill, reading quietly in the lounge,

Ida called the doctor and, inconsolably, tore him down.


No comments:

Post a Comment