Tuesday 2 June 2015

Back To The Call Centre





"I don't want to go back to the call centre," says Kevin.

"Nobody wants to go back to the call centre," says Justin. "You should have studied harder in school, Kev. You should have studied harder."

"Fuck off," says Kevin. "You know..."

"Oh, let's no go back over that," says Justin. "He touched you, we all know he touched you." Justin punches Kevin on the arm. "But we all leave school early for one reason, or another."

"I sooooo don't want to go back to the call centre."

"Come with me and soon you won't even be thinking about it."

"Call centre hell!"

"Ah, call centre hell," says Justin. "Let’s not think about it now."


“That bitch Treena, she thinks she is the fucken boss,” said Kevin.

“Kevo, she is the boss,” said Justin.

“Yeah, but, she doesn’t have to act like it.”

“I think she does,” said Justin. “To be the boss.”

“She shits me soooo much,” said Kevin.

“Kev, she’s the boss, so she should act like it.”

“She cut my shifts.”

“Did your call ratios go down?”

“Nah, I called her a bitch…”

“You called her a bitch?”

“Yeah, she made fun of something I didn’t understand, in front of the other girls, you know her,” Kevin made parenthesis in the air, 'special group', fucken bitch…”

“Sheena, Kaley, and Chloe.”

“Yeah, you know the ones,” said Kevin. “Ever since then… no shifts.”

“What did she make fun of you about?”

“My stats were out,” said Kevin. “And I always struggle with my stats, she knows that. And I couldn’t find the problem. She told all those girls I was slow, and she’d have to go and help me, again, and they all laughed.”

“Has she done that before?”

“Wha?”

“Made fun of you in front of her,” Justin made parenthesis in the air,” her group?”

“Yeah, sure, she does it all the time.”

“All the time?”

“Yes, and I hate it.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“About wha?”

“That she makes fun of you all the time?”

“Yes, always, her and her slags, they think it is really funny to make fun of me. The dumb kid. They call me the dumb kid, they don’t think I hear, but I do. It hurts, you know. Like they’re so fucken smart.”

“Could you record it on your phone.”

“Yeah, sure, I guess, but I don’t want to record it. Why do I wanna hear that? I don’t wanna hear it the first time, let alone play it back at any time…”

“If you record it, you could play it to HR…”

“Oh, why would HR care? Jus?”

“Because it is HR’s job to care, Kevo. They’d have to do something about it if you have it recorded.”

“Really? HR do something.”

“I could talk to Steph…”

“What, next time she is under you…”

“No, Kev, seriously. If Treena is making fun of. You, well, that’s just not right.”

“No one’s gonna do nothing, Jus, no one cares about me.”

“Just record it, Kev, just record it, and worry about what comes next, later.”

“Okay, if you reckon.”

“And Kevin?”

“What?”

“I care about you.”


No comments:

Post a Comment