Friday 28 January 2011

Rolly Meets Marie

Scott Tander and Rolly Gregson were out jogging. It was hot, a hot summers day. Scott was running shirtless, Rolly had a t-shirt on.

They were heading up G Street towards home.

"Hey, you know that chick in the milkbar I said was coming on to me," said Scott.

"The one with the husband and the kid?"

"Yeah, that's her," said Scott. "Well, she's just up here. Come in with me and tell me it’s not all in my head."

"Yeah, sure," said Rolly. "Let's go."

They jogged up to the door of the shop. Scott grabs each side of Rolly's t-shirt. "Take your shirt off."

“What?”

“Take it off,” said Scott. “That way there is an equal temptation to look…”

“What?” said Rolly. “Equal… what?”

“She’s not just gonna look at me because I am shirtless, if we are both shirtless.”

“You are taking this a little too seriously…”

“Just take it off, will ya?”

"Sure, okay," said Rolly. And he pulled his shirt off.

The two handsome friends were now standing on the footpath shirtless and glistening with sweat.

A girl walked past, her head turning back to gaze at the two boys.

"We're just getting a drink," said Scott. "You get the drink, I'll go to the counter and pay."

"Okay," said Rolly. He laughed at the cheek of what they were doing.

"If her husband is there, don't worry, just play it cool."

"Okay," said Rolly.

They head in the door. It is just Marie behind the counter.

“Oh, Mr Scott, look at you,” said Marie.

“Just out jogging, and I’m thirsty, its hot.”

“You are looking very… fit,” said Marie.

“Thanks,” said Scott. “I keep working on it.”

“Well, it is paying off.”

Rolly walks up to the counter with the drink and stands next to Scott. “This is Rolly my mate,” said Scott.

“Oh my, you are both looking very… fit,” says Marie.

Rolly hands her the money for the drink.

“It’s hot work,” said Scott.

“I can see,” said Marie. “I can see. Hot for… both of you.”

Marie hands back the change. “Thank you.”

“Thanks Marie.’

The two boys walk out of the shop.”

Rolly looks back from the door. Marie’s eyes are following them all the way.

Scott screws the cap off the bottle and gulps half the drink down. Then he hands it to Rolly. Rolly sculls the other half of the drink.

“Well, what do you think,” said Scott. He turned and start to run. His shirt tucked into the back of his waistband of his shorts.

Rolly tosses the empty bottle in the bin and ran after Scott. Rolly tucks his shirt into the back of the waistband of his shorts. “Nah, it’s not just in your head,” said Rolly. “She’s gagging for it.”

Rolly slapped Scott on the arse, and they started to gain speed.

“So, what do you think?” asks Scott.

“It’s a can of worms,” said Rolly. “A can of worms.”

“Do you think she is pretty?” asked Scott.

“Pretty married,” said Rolly. “Pretty married.”

“So, you don’t think…”

“No, I don’t think.”


No comments:

Post a Comment