Wednesday 24 May 2006

Dawn

I woke up at 5am on the couch; cricked neck, a sore back. The fire was out, one of the logs had even fallen out. I tossed it back in.

The last thing I remember was Big Brother Adults only. And four, or so, joints. I did the maths, well, at least I'd had eight hours.

Joel, my mate from London, was on-line, on msn. Hello, hello, he said, like that annoying plant sale ad. The ad was annoying, not Joel. We chatted until the sun came up. He's in love and off to Paris to follow his heart.

I made tea and rolled joints and discovered that the log I'd tossed back into the hearth had sprung to life... fire, much to my joy.

I sat bleary-eyed and watched the sun come up, it was fantastic.

Some of us just aren't cut out for 9 to 5, as my mate Brad likes to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment