Saturday 20 March 2010

Hot

It's hot and sticky, just hot and sticky. I can't sleep. I'm liking summer less and less and we haven't got into the full detrimental effects of global warming yet, they are to come. It's going to be putrid.

We're never going to sleep again. The whole world population will be climate change insomniacs, too hot in the summer, lying in pools of their own sweat, to wet to sleep, and iced over in the winter with their teeth chattering too much to slumber.

Melbourne is really humid now, where once it never was. Never! It used to be dry heat in olde Melbourne Town. Hot, but dry. It used to cool down at night, so you'd at least feel a hint of a night time chill in the air to aid your snooze, even if it was only a hint, at some time after night having turned to morning. But not anymore. No siree Bob!

I wish I had more pot. I guess that's not the answer. Oh, why isn’t it. Just dumb myself down enough so as not to notice the weather at all. It’s a plan.

We're all going to have to move to Tasmania and cohabitate with all the two heads, trying not to stare.


What is it they say about cousins? Well, at least it is now legal to diddle your cousin down in Van Diemen's Land, that has to count for…

Oh, yes, boy & girl cousins marrying, oh yes, that’s it isn’t it? Not boy cousins, where is my head? They marry their cousins and have two-headed babies because of the shallowness of the gene pool. Yes.

“I’d like to introduce me wife Ellie-May.”

“Thank you, Bobby-Joe, thank you for the luvly introductiony.”

Ha ha, ho ho, nothing wrong with it as long as they don’t come and live next door to me with their 12 fingered son, and their 3 breasted daughter.


But, I digress. Unless we start taking climate change seriously, we are all going to… we are already feeling the effects of it now in our weather, with humid Melbourne, come on people lets do something about it before we are no longer able to do something about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment