Wednesday 17 March 2010

What Do I Reckon?

 What do I reckon? I reckon the world is doomed and life sucks! (for a lot of people) That's what I reckon!

And I’m pretty luck. Loving parents. Happy childhood. Good education. Good inheritance. Don’t know what the minimum wage people are doing?

I'm getting older day by day and it's all slipping away, faster than ever. I guess mid forties isn't that old, but some days, you know what, it feels like it. It's frightening how fast it is all heading away, gone. Sometimes, I just want it to stop for a minute, so I can catch my breath, but no. That's just not how life is.

Keep up, stay awake, keep on track, keep at it, keep striving, keep scratching at the walls of the salt mines. Keep stashing it away, as old age is even user pays. Retire later and later because the politicians keep fucking it up. You only get one shot at it.

Just the one.

Fuck me!

Coming through!


Find a recording of Patsy Cline, Stop The World And Let Me Off, and give it a play.


And I have enough bread, to make the rate of shit less for myself personally.

But big business wants to pay everyone less, irrelevant of profits. No one is getting a pay rise. We have to pay the CEO’s too much.

Conservative govts want to ignore climate change, as they want us all to ignore climate change.

So, unless you are really lucky, good brain, wealthy parents, you are most likely to die poor choking on the planet’s atmosphere, certainly your children will.

That’s what I think.

Free education. Free medical. A robust welfare system. These are the things to make life better for many.

What do the people who live pay check to pay check do? Not a lot, I reckon. And life goes so quickly and you have no money with which to grab on to life. 

It’s not how it should be?

We need more equality and less tax cuts for the rich.

That’s what I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment