Wednesday 22 February 2006

A Child?

Would I like a child, people ask me? Perhaps, I'd like a child, I think. I'm surprised how taken I am with my nephews. I'd be good as a part time dad. I'm smart, told (you gotta say it that way) I'm good looking, I have good teeth. I'm creative and considerate and my mother says I'd make a good father.

You're better with kids than your brother, who'd have thought.

I talk to them like people. I don't dictate what they should do. But then again, I stay their favourite uncle because my visits are infrequent. And I tell them naughty things. And I don't have to look after him full time.

A little person to go on into the future after I'm dead? Is that what life's all about, having kids, watching how your progeny turn out? Would he look like me, the way I look like my dad? Would he look like his mum, would his eyes twinkle like hers? 

I want to hear his opinions, to see how he thinks. Be surprised by his questions. I want to watch him fall in love, be giddy. Get a broken heart. Pick up the pieces brush himself off. I want to see him elated when he has success at what he does.

So, if there's a nice lesbian out there who wants a cute gay boy to father her child... sure, I’d think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment