Tuesday 21 February 2006

At The Pool

I headed down to the pool in the morning. It was a sunny day, the sky was blue. I wanted to top up my tan, you know, just a bit, graduate to a light tan, if you know what I mean, rather than white for summer.

I went for a swim as soon as I got there, you know, just to wash off the heaviness of life, and the day, to feel fresh, rejuvenated.

I laid out my towel. And settled down with my new book.


I sensed something, what it was wasn’t apparent to me straight away, but I could sense something.

I’d been stretched out on the lounge for some time reading my book, the sun was glorious, it had been all day.

It was getting late in the morning, and the golden sun was as intoxicating as having warm honey tipped over my skin.

I looked up most nonchalantly, not really looking at anything in particular, just having a break from my book, when our eyes met.

I couldn’t help but smile.

He was standing there in his white trunks with his hairy chest and great, muscular legs. Just my type, I thought. (Of course, he was)

And now he was leaning by the side of the pool, his handsome face pointing my direction, his gorgeous eyes drinking me in.

My stomach buzzed and I had no chance of concentrating on my book after that. I kept glancing up to see if he was still looking in my direction.

He was.

Well built sexy boy, hairy chest and great legs, dark hair and olive skin, just the way I like them.

Michael, Alex, Nick, Maurice. Gorgeous smiles. Hair through my fingers. Soft lips. Skin like velvet.

I looked up. I kept looking up. My eyes were defying me. He was still looking at me. 

I adjust my position and straightened out my book, as though I wasn’t going to look up again.

I looked up again. He was pulling his lean body out of the water. He didn’t pull the white material of his trunks away from his crotch, so it clung to him hiding nothing.

He walked over. Hairy legs, hairy thighs, a trail of hail up his stomach joining to the hair on his chest. He was smiling. He ran his fingers through his black hair.

“Hi,” he said. “I’m, um, Angelo. How are you?”

“I’m… er…” my tongue tied, I spluttered. “Angelo, is it?”

“I like a man who likes to read,” he said.

“I like a man…” I went blank.

“Well,” he said. “That is direct.”

“With a nice…” My eyes dropped down to his thighs.”

“I like a man who is direct.”

I raised my eyes up as fast as I could. “I’m Josh. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“I’m sorry, I’m away in my book…”

“I’ve been watching you, reading away.’

“I love coming down here with a book, it’s... it’s…”

“Gives you something else to look at.”

“It gets me through my stack of unread books.” I smiled.

He smiled. “I think I have had enough sun and I’m ready to head home for a shower.”

I felt kind of sad he was going already. “Okay, nice to meet you.”

“I just thought you might like to come too?”

“To have a shower?”

“Oh, um, to get a coffee, perhaps?”

“With you?”

“Yes, with me.”

“A shower?”

“Coffee,” he said. He blushed. “But, I guess we can’t have me being clean, and you not.”

“I guess not.”

“I just live in the next street,” said, er, Angelo.

“That’s handy.”

“It is today.”

I stood up and faced him. I looked him in the eye. “I like a man the same height.”

“You are very forward,” he said.

“It is you who is picking me up.”

“Is this a pick up?”

“I’d say yes,” I said.

“Okay,” he said. “Shall we go, Josh?”


And, er, Angelo was just what I needed for the afternoon. I didn’t know, er, Angelo was what I needed, but he was what I needed after all. He was good for… relieving the tension. Like a massage.


Matt had the day off. He followed me to the pool, secretly. He made a great Angelo. Cute. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment