Sunday 18 April 2010

Future

Everything will end, everything we know will one day cease to exist, everything has it's time, which is finite. Nothing, and I mean nothing, lasts forever, even the memories of us when we are long gone, will one day drift off into the distance, until they become so small and unrecognisable by anyone.

At that thought, I touched the chair, the cat, my skin and I sniffed at the air just to remember what it smells like. All of this, one day...

…will be gone. Every last thing I can see. Including me.

I stick out my leg and touch my toes, and think about the time when all this goes.

The stretch in the back of my thigh, making me feel like I want to die,

shows me that this is all very much real, and with extermination I don’t have to deal, not today, as they say, not today. 

But one day, maybe it will be me, and maybe not. Maybe by that time, my last days I will have got, and I’ll no longer even be a jot, a blip, a candy tip, you know, the size of a sugar grain, no blame, I’ll be gone, somewhere where the end of the world won’t reach, a speck of sand on a beach, a waft of dust, as such.


No comments:

Post a Comment