Thursday 1 April 2010

The End Of The Day April

I'm on my own. The emptiness is all around, breathing in the shadows, I can feel it. Watching. (Waiting?) What am I going to do with my night? My life? What about my life? It is still, quiet. I could do anything.

I look around and wonder what to do?

The garden is green, outside, through the windows, beyond the walls, as the last of the day light fades. Nothing moves, still, silent. Leaves caught in suspended animation. A moment. The room is frozen, my skin shivers. I feel the walls at my sides, tapping at me, closing in, but they feel like friend not foe. I feel protected. Safe, I feel safe.

No plans. No friends calling. I've been out to lunch, now nothing. Silence... into the night. My skin tingles, a shiver runs through my bones.

Silence. Blink, blink.


No comments:

Post a Comment