Saturday 29 April 2006

Matt, Me & Carlo

It was late last night when the doorbell sounded. Matt and I looked at each other with that time old expression, who could that be at this late hour. I think, Matt even looked at his watch. Perplexed look. We were lounged on the couch.

Standing at the door was a very drunk, very wonky-eyed Carlo. He looked nervous in his drunken state.

"Hi, I hope I'm not..." he slurred.

"Not?"

"It's not too late, is it?"

"No, Matt and I were just watching a movie."

"Mat's here?"

"Yes."

"Oh.

"It's okay, he won't bite."

Carlo laughed and his face almost creased into a smile. "Maybe I want him to."

"Well, maybe he will."

"I got scared the other night when you asked me to come home with you two guys."

"But now you're not?"

"No." He stepped through the door. "I'm still a bit."


"Don't be, we're really friendly." I was trying to make a joke, but it just came out as dumb."

"My parents are down the beach house." His trademark cheeky smile made a glimmer of an appearance. "Can I stay."

"Forever?"

"The night?"

"All night."

"In your bed... with you two?"

"That's very direct."

"Aren't you going to ask me in?"

"Come in."


Carlo sat between us on the big couch. He looked very pleased with himself.

“I’m here to apply for the boyfriend position,” said Carlo.

“What boyfriend position?”  asked Matt.

“The boyfriend to the two of you?”

“We weren’t advertising,” said Matt. “I’m not sure we even have a position.”

“You know, it is often the non-advertised positions that are the most sort after.”

“I see,” said Matt. “At least we all know where we stand.”

“I’d make a great little brother to you two.”

“You think so, do you?”

“Yes,” said Carlo. “I need to learn so much… and I am a really fast learner.”

Matt snorted through his nose. “I’m sure you are.”

I just sat there and listened to the two of them. Matt like him I could tell.

“I am the latest model, all the latest, um, attachments.”

“Money back guarantee?” asked Matt.

“Full service warrantee, 10 year, roadside assist,” said Carlo.

“Can we take you for a test drive?”

“I’m hoping you will,” said Carlo, smiling.


He ran his hands down my leg and Matt's at the same time.

"What are you trying to do, Carlo," asked Matt.

Carlo smiled. "I’m just being friendly."

Carlo lent over and kissed him. Matt kissed him back.

“That’s friendly,” said Matt. 

“Too much?” asked Carlo.

“No,” said Matt.

Carlo looked at me. He leant over and kissed me. I kissed him back.

He kissed me enthusiastically.


No comments:

Post a Comment