Thursday 20 April 2006

Summer's Over

My ex-girlfriend, Leah, sent me two books to read. The Life of Pi and The Five People You are Most Likely to meet in heaven. I know when my marijuana smoking is up, my reading falls away. 

I can't read when I'm stoned. I just wanted to lay in front of the fire and read, but I'd had two joints by the time I'd thought about it. I needed a bean bag and a Balinese foot masseur. Perhaps a drink with an umbrella... nah, winter, a Bloody Mary instead.

My ex-girlfriend worries about my literary up-keep and my teeth. And, of course, my smoking. She takes the, I'll-look-like-a-hag-at-forty-if-I-keep-smoking, approach. She's cruel enough to point out the crow's feet that I never used to have. Matt kisses me and says where, whenever I bring it up with him.

I think I'll get KFC.


No comments:

Post a Comment