Thursday 3 June 2010

A Charmed Life

People say I have this charmed life, all the time I feel like I never really fulfilled my potential.

People think I have a wonderful thing going on, all the time I feel a bit like a failure.

I have met a new lover and my friends have said it to him, Josh's charmed life. I never know what to say, as it seems so far from my reality, so different to how I feel inside.

Everybody wants to be me. Apparently.

Funny, I always think. Why set the benchmark so low?


Looking back over this... sometime later

The irony is everyone wants to be me, but me. Oh, I don't mean in a big and scary way, but don't we always want to be someone else or, at least, have someone else's life or, at least, some aspects of someone else's life? There is always someone who looks as though they are having a better life? Huh?

Having said that, I am pretty happy with mine. No complains. Well, no one cares anyway, they are too busy worrying about their own lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment