Monday 28 June 2010

Thanking the Tram Driver

Some people get out the front door of a tram and they thank the driver as they leave.

How quaint.


I saw a woman do this today. She walked to the front door of the tram. Once the tram stopped and before she got off, she said, “Thank you driver.”

“He said, “You are welcome.” Or did he just nod? He acknowledged her, I saw that.

Thank you, driver. It made me smile, not the least for it had never occurred to me to thank them. It is kind of nice, in a weird, stuffy kind of way.

Thank you, driver.

I guess it is good. I don’t know. I’d just question how far back in history it is actually taking us?

Some of those manors came at an awful social price. 

Ask the blacks, or the gays, or the poor, or ask the women in life.

Thank you, driver... for safely taking me a part of my way today. You have been. an integral part of my life.

Thank you, driver. We are all still alive.

Thank you, driver. It is on you I rely.

Thank you, driver.


No comments:

Post a Comment