Wednesday 16 June 2010

Winter Jackets

I love being buttoned up in jackets in winter. I like that feeling of being snug, strapped in, protected against the cold, it's like mother's love. Something to hold you all the way through. Secure. A good fit. A great fit. Double breasted is best, a double row buttoning me in. Right up my exposed flank, you might say.

That's the one thing I like about the winter. All dressed up to play.

Oh, and the cold on my face in the mornings, it's bracing, it reminds me that I am alive. And the fresh air against my skin, giving life, and energy, and breath, blowing any the stuffiness away. 

Air blowing into us. Air blowing over us. Air blowing around us. Giving life, and energy and drive, lifting us up.


Rub your hands together bracing. Heading out into the world facing. Grey skies above. All dressed up with love. Out in the world in a hug. Dressed up snug as a bug. Layers and layers. Just your face, hands and ankles, maybe, exposed to the cold day. The sky above grey. What a fabulous day.


No comments:

Post a Comment